Do you want to be part of an activity for LGBTQI refugees and migrants? Do you want to make a difference and work for an anti-racist community? As a volunteer worker for Newcomers you have a real possibility to make a difference in peoples lives! Apply here: https://forms.gle/p7zh5EcdnbhEiCzx7.
Newcomers is a social group and a network for LGBTQI refugees and migrants within RFSL Göteborg.
As a volunteer in Newcomers you will arrange activities with and for the target group. You will do this in collaboration with the participants and the coordinator. During Corona you are able to engage both digitally and IRL.
We are seeking someone who:
* Is an LGBTQI person
* Is comfortable in themselves and with working in groups
* Is an attentive listener and can look to the needs of the individual as well as the group
* Has knowledge of norm critique and anti-racism, as well as the ability to make visible and problematise norms with others.
* It is of merit if you have experience with being racialized and/or if you can speak languages other than Swedish and English
To be a volunteer within RFSL Göteborg is a voluntary assignment and will be without financial contribution.
We offer you:
* Volunteer education
* Continous group counselling / Volunteer meetings
* Volunteer certificate and the possibility of references
* A real opportunity to make a difference!
If you have any questions or concerns, you are welcome to contact Victoria Hajian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!