We are recruiting more contact persons within RFSL Göteborg! In times like these, it is especially important that we stand up for each other to counter social isolation! Do you want to get to know a new person and are in a position where have the opportunity to give of your time and commitment? Read more about the assignment below :)
As a contact person you are a resource for an LGBTQI person and your work is tailored to what this person needs. It can be about being a moral support in the contact with authorities, conversations, learning more about Göteborg and/or Sweden, getting out and doing things, to get a way into the LGBTQI community, to counter social isolation or similar.
We are looking for you who:
• Is an LGBTQI person and has some knowledge of LGBTQI-Göteborg.
• Feel confident in yourself and is not in an identity process where you yourself are in need of support linked to being an LGBTQI person.
• Is empathetic but at the same time know how to set boundaries.
• Enjoys meeting new people and is interested in both sharing your life and taking part in others.
• Is at least 18 years old.
We offer you:
• Continuous supervision, in groups and individually.
• Volunteer certificate and opportunity for references.
As s contact person we expect you to be able to do about three hours of work per week as well as attend the supervision sessions and education. All contact person assignments within RFSL Göteborg are made without financial compensation.
You submit your interest in becoming a contact person by filling in and submitting this form: https://forms.gle/uFvRHYbawwUMFPC86, no later than Sunday September 13.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews will be held during weeks 38-40. The training will be held on Mondays 12 and 19 October at 6-8 pm. You need to be present on both occasions to become a contact person. A supplementary training opportunity for contact persons may be held later this autumn.
Welcome with your registration of interest!