RFSL Göteborg offers counselling on issues related to homosexuality, bisexuality, gender identity, trans, queer and intersex.
The support is aimed at persons aged 13 years and over who live in Göteborg.
You can contact us with issues related to living as a LGBTQI person. This may, for example, be about:
- Trans, gender identity and / or expression
- Sexual orientation / identity
- “Coming Out Processes” (being open to others with gender identity or sexual orientation)
- Relationships with partner/s family and friends
- Managing norms and power structures in society linked to gender and sexuality
- Discrimination, harassment, violence or hate crime
- Exposure in family and experiences of honor related norms
- Violence / abuse in partner relations
- Being a LGBTQI person and refugee, asylum seeker, nondocumented or new in Sweden
- Selling sex or having sex for compensation
- Using drugs in connection to sex
- Doubts, regrets, detransition and retransition
We have experience of meeting people in many different life situations with different backgrounds.
We offer counselling up to 5 sessions per person, free of charge. We offer counselling with a translator if needed. If you need more long-term support, we will refer you to therapists and psychologists with LGBTQI competence. You can also find them here, in our list with links to other resources: goteborg.rfsl.se/en/hbtq-fakta-och-tips/hanvisningstips.
In case of emergency call SOS Alarm 112